Oak Framed Garage Kits
At Oak Frames Direct, we offer a range of traditional oak framed garage kits for you to build at home. Our garage kits are designed around your specifications, built to our exacting standards, and easy to assemble. We have been constructing excellent oak products for over 30 years, earning a reputation for our impeccable quality and service
Whatever your needs in an oak framed garage, we can build you a bespoke kit. Every oak framed garage kit we produce is built at our East Sussex studio from sustainable green oak, and can be shipped to anywhere in the UK. Our garage kits are easy to construct, allowing you to save on labour costs and build them on your own schedule.
Use Our Oak Frame Garage Builder
Choose a starting point from the designs below and then build your own bespoke oak garage using our configurator.
Our Range of Oak Framed Garage Kits
Whether you are looking for a standard size single garage for a family car, or a four bay oak framed garage for a suite of classic cars, we can build a custom garage kit for you. The bespoke nature of our oak framed garages means that we can tailor their plans to your specific needs, such as having extra space for a workshop, a larger number of bays, or even having a room above. We can change the dimensions of your garage, install windows, build it with or without doors. We also offer a selection of classic garage designs, allowing us to quickly enter production.
Our oak framed garage kits possess a timeless look, blending perfectly with both classical and modern houses. They look great on a countryside estate, or on an urban street. We pride ourselves on the versatility and durability of our oak framed garages.
Speak to a member of our team today about whatever needs you may have in a garage. If you want an extra wide garage, or a garage with a higher roof, we can provide it. Our garage kits do not come in set dimensions or sizes, we believe in offering a tailored oak framed garage purpose built for your property.
Easy to Assemble, Built to Last
Every kit produced by Oak Frames Direct utilizes traditional jointing techniques to ensure easy assembly. Our oak beams slot together with tongue and groove design, allowing you to quickly assemble your garage at home. All of our kits come with detailed step by step instructions walking through the installation process, and we are able to provide planning drawings to you upon request. Our kits are designed to be a quick and comfortable building experience for any DIY amatuer.
Once constructed, our oak framed garages are built to last. Our high quality wood, sturdy designs, and industry leading craftsmanship mean that our products will be a fixture on your property for many years to come.
Why Choose Oak Frames Direct?
- Sustainably Sourced Oak: Our garage kits are built from green oak, sustainably sourced from a designated site in France. For every tree used in the production of our products, three more saplings will be planted. We believe in the longevity of our products, prioritising sustainability in our processes. This helps ensure that we can continue to build high quality oak buildings for many years to come.
- Careful Wood Grading: Our team of experienced carpenters and wood graders carefully check every piece of wood as it arrives at our site. We use the latest technology to check for warps, cracks, and faults. Anything that could threaten the integrity of our garage kits will be responsibly recycled.
- Precision Wood Cutting: Using our high end Hundegger CNC K2 machine we cut every piece of oak with pinpoint accuracy, ruling out human error in our production process. This ensures both the ease of assembly for our kits, and the strength of our finished garages.
- Q-Mark Certified: All of our products are Q-Mark certified. Q-Mark is an industry leading quality standard, achieved through a rigorous testing process. The Q-Mark on our garage kits testifies to the standards of our wood, our services, and the longevity of our products.
Technical Information & FAQs
We have a variety of frame types available. You can find out more here.
- Main span
- Main span with rear aisle
- Aisled Barn
- Main Span with first floor with central post
- Raised plate without central post
- Sling brace
- Flat roof
We use a selection of traditional jointing techniques. You can find out more here.
- Scarf Joints
- Mortice & Tenon Joints
- Lap Joints
There is a selection of traditional roof options available for your garage. You can see all the options here.
- Gable roof end Barn Hip roof end
- Full Hip roof end
- Catslides roof end
There are lots of traditional and modern roofing materials available. You can find all the options available here.
- Profiled Sheet
There are several options available depending on your circumstances. You can find out more here.
- Shallow Foundations
- Deep Foundations
- Insulated Walls
- Soleplate at FFL
- Dwarf Wall
- Oversite / Floor
WANT TO SPEAK WITH AN EXPERT?
We supply a wide range of oak frames all across the UK.
A Selection Of Our Oak Framed Garages
The Cost of Your Oak Framed Garage Kit
Our oak framed garage kits come with a bespoke price tag, determined based on material costs and size. We don’t charge extra for custom designed garages, as we believe in offering each of our customers the garage they desire at a fair price. We offer free, no obligation quotes on our garage kits, so if you are in any way nervous about the cost of our oak framed kits, request a free quote today.
Will You Need Planning Permission for an Oak Framed Garage Kit?
Planning permission can be a real headache for homeowners looking to expand their property. Thankfully, our oak garages should not require planning permission. Certain more complex structures, such as a garage with a room above, may require planning permission. It is always worth contacting your local council before embarking on any building project around your home, to make sure that you will not be breaking any rules.
Find out more in our planning permission guide here.
A Stunning Oak Framed Garage Kit Delivered to You
Contact Oak Frames Direct today to begin production on your bespoke oak garage. We can start work on production drawings as soon as you place an order, allowing us to manufacture and deliver your kit to you within 6 to 8 weeks from signing off. We can send your kit to anywhere in the UK, allowing you to construct a beautiful and long lasting garage.
Whatever your needs in a garage, our team is ready to design and build a custom oak framed garage kit for you, meeting all of your needs.