Frame & Assembly

Your kit will come complete with main posts, soleplates, eaves beams and the curved braces (all in green oak), together with rafters and studwork in treated softwood. The price also includes all necessary softwood weatherboard, staddle stones, DPC for lying under the soleplate and a fixings pack. This pack contains enough nails, timber plugs, pegs, pins and coach screws to fully assemble the frame and weatherboard. You will also be provided with a full set of easy-to-follow assembly instructions.

If you have a joinery or carpentry background, then this would be a straightforward project. Lifting equipment is essential, due to the weight of the oak beams.

An experienced oak frame assembly team would take between 1 and 4 days to assemble the frame depending upon the style of frame and experience of the team. On average, you could expect to spend 1 day per bay without joinery.

Yes, we can supply a 140mm brick which is the same size as the base plate supplied – thus eliminating having to use two skins of bricks.

Yes, if Building Control are involved. We will supply these for your building upon request with your order at no extra cost.

Planning & Building Control
If required, you may have local authority fees to pay for planning and building control and/or consultants fees if you engage a third party to provide these services.

You will need to engage a Groundworker to prepare foundations and brickwork to accept the building.

Assembly & Decoration
If you do not assemble or decorate the frame yourself, you will need to engage a local carpenter and decorator to do this for you.

You will need to engage a roofer to install a roof covering (normally felt, battens and either tiles, slates or shingles).



Our softwood weatherboard is Vac-Vac treated using a clear Val-Sol preservative (which is a water-based pressure treatment). Once your frame has been erected, we would advise you to stain your weatherboard as soon as possible with a colour of your choice. This will stop water penetration and will give your board an even colouring.

If left unstained, the timber will weather unevenly and go a patchy grey colour in appearance. Untreated boarding will also absorb moisture leaving the inside face damp during long periods of inclement weather.

All joinery should be treated as soon as possible after installation (within 4 weeks) on both sides and all edges.

You may choose from oak, Larch or western red cedar weatherboard. Please contact us for prices.

Due to the natural moisture content of Green Oak, you may notice natural tannins (black marks) on your oak. These marks will disappear with time, but if you wish to remove them straight away, you can use a product called oxalic acid. We recommend using Rubio Monocoat’s Tannin Remover – a ready-to-use product that removes the black stains and spots on wood caused by a reaction to acid and water. Tannin Remover can be purchased here.


20% of the order value is taken when the order is placed, with the remaining 80% due 7 days prior to delivery/collection. Payment can be made by VISA, Mastercard and Delta debit or credit card. Payment can also be made by bank transfer.

There may be additional charges to pay if any materials have been purchased for your original design and/or production of your original design has already started. You will also have to pay any additional costs if your new design is more expensive than your original.